Saturday, April 1, 2017

The good, the bad and the (hopefully) not ugly...

Let's start with the good, shall we?  Thanks to the lovely Ms. Jo over at Serendipitous Stitching, I was named blogger of the week!  I had been asked to answer a few questions, but figured it would be a while before I was mentioned.  I'm thrilled and honored to have been asked, and even more thrilled and surprised to have her post mine so soon.  You can head over to Jo's blog to see her fascinating site here.  You can visit the Blogger of the Month blog here.  Thank you so much for kindly selecting my blog, and for all those who left such kind comments, I'm flattered...thank you so much!!  I will try to answer your comments very soon.

It's been a busy week.  Seems everything happens at once, doesn't it?  Not only did our computer go belly up, but then Ben's car decided to take a nose dive as well.  That leads to lots of time on the road and in car lots shopping.  That, in turn, leads to little stitching, and well you know the drill.  So much goes into getting a new car...like what to do with the old car.  He decided to sell it to the car lot we bought the new one from....but could we find the title and lien release?  NOoooooo.  I stitched while the guys tore the house apart.  We did find it, and they are there now getting the job done.  There was more that happened this week, but I'll leave that until another day.

I was hoping to finish Renouveau in the month of March, but I'll take the first day of April!  Thankfully I was left alone for a little while today to finish.  Here she is in all her glory!  This was stitched on 32 count over one on Meadow Rue using the recommended DMC floss.  I started stitching this on January 6, 2012...so 5 years in the making.  So glad it's finished!!  


I forgot to show pictures of the Stitcher's Day exchange I received last week.  My partner, Christine, sent this lovely piece and a pattern for violets.  Anyone who knows me, knows I like violets.  My Grandmother's name was Violet and I was almost named for her.  She is one of the most influential people who got me started stitching.  Here's a picture of what Christine sent.  Thank you so much Christine, it's beautiful and I absolutely LOVE it!!


Tomorrow is opening day for the Orioles, so I'll be watching the game!  It's become a tradition in our family, I think our 11th year.  The rest of the week promises to be busy as well...so who knows when I'll get to put another stitch in?  Wish me luck won't you?

I'll leave you with this little chubby character.  Looks like he was sitting pretty for the winter, doesn't he?  Thomas has a new "friend" as this little guy comes to our back deck daily to sit outside the sliding glass door and taunt him.  Thankfully Thomas can't get to him, or he'd be in trouble!  You should see Thomas prance on this side of the door...LOL


9 comments:

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Congratulations on your finish of Le Renouveau. It's lovely, as is your gift from Christine.

Kerryp77 said...

What a magnificent piece of stitching. Well done on the finish. Lovely exchange gift too.

Desiree Ehleiter said...

Wonderful finish! Enjoy opening day. I will be listening to the Mets while at work. Love your little friend. Funny how they decide to come to certain places everyday.

Manuela said...

Wonderful finish.

Mary said...

Your finish is beautiful.

Julie said...

I enjoyed reading about you and have hopped over to read some more of what you get up to ..... love the finish and what a pretty exchange gift you were sent.

Astrids dragon said...

Wow, that looks amazing! I hope you frame that one sooner than later!
What a lovely exchange you received, beautiful colours.
I love Thomas' new friend, Ming & Max have met his cousin over here.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I'm so glad that you enjoyed being Blogger of the Week! I must get another interview ready for tomorrow! Who will it be?
Renouveau looks amazing, it went really fast once you picked it up this year. Love all the different alphabets.

Sheryl said...

Beautiful finish of Le Renouveau and lovely exchange gift received.