Saturday, December 31, 2016

Out with the old....in with the New...

It's New Year's Eve!  I wish for the New Year, health, happiness, and all things stitchy for all my family and friends.  I hope the New Year is kinder to folks than 2016.  It's been a tough one for many that I know.  So let's look forward with hopeful thoughts!

I wanted to post one final post for this year with a few last minute finishes.  Here is "Benjamin" from Mill Hills Nativity Trilogy.  With only 3 more to go now (out of nine) I feel really good about almost accomplishing my goals this year, considering there was about 3 months when I wasn't able to stitch at all!  If you want to see all that I finished last year, you can check the 2016 goals tab at the top and see them all!

I also finished another Frosty the Snowman by JBW designs.  This one is for Mouse, who agreed to assemble the two I stitched as long as I sent the fabric, and she can have one of them!  They will be winging their way to you as soon as I get all my ducks in a row, Mouse!

I didn't finish any of the WIPs I had planned to, nor did I start London by Thea Gouverneur.  But I did finish up many of the ones I had planned, the Snowflower Diaries series, the Advent Calendar, the Merry Christmas blocks and Jan-April of the Country Cottage Needleworks months.  Considering the way the year went, I am pleased with the 86 finishes I did have!  I've added the ones I didn't finish or start to next years list....and hope 2017 will end with a lot of old finishes!  Wish me luck!

I also plan to participate in a different kind of Round Robin where we will send and receive individual smalls to stitch, then send back to the original owner to finish.  I'll be sending out some strawberries to work on.  I can't wait to receive the ones from the others...it will be interesting to see what they will choose.  I'm also participating in a stitcher's day exchange.  I have everything ready to go for that too (I went to an end of year sale yesterday...so I'm all ready to rock and roll!)  Tomorrow I'll be starting Leave a light on by Teresa Layman Designs.  I can't wait! 

Until next time....may your stitches be many and your frogs be few!  See ya next year!!

3 comments:

Justine said...

86 finishes? I'm in awe. Wishing you a very happy 2017.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Given you had to spend so much time away from home, I'm impressed that you managed 86 finishes! I've just caught up on your blog posts from the past couple of weeks. You made some beautiful ornaments.
Wishing you a Happy New Year and may 2017 be better than 2016 for you.

Desiree Ehleiter said...

86 finishes! That is amazing! Congratulations! Wishing you a wonderful 2017 with many more finishes.