Thursday, December 22, 2016

Almost there...

I think this is the first Christmas in many years that I am finished early getting everything ready!  I will have some baking to do Saturday, but other than that I have all the gifts wrapped and all the ornaments made, and all the decorations out!  It sure feels good to go into the holidays feeling relaxed and rested.  But...poor DH...I think he caught the flu.  He didn't have a very restful night last night...let's hope he gets better before the big day!

We are going to our son's girlfriend's house Christmas afternoon.  I love my kid, but he is a last minute kinda guy...and didn't tell us until last week that we were going.  That meant presents for her family...but no worries, it was a one day deal finding gifts for them.  But...I made his GF an ornament...so I had to make the others one too, right?  The last couple of days I've been stitching my fingers to the bone!  (So much so that my light bulb on my stitching lamp died last night...but thankfully I had stitched my last ornament!)  I may have to battle the masses looking for a Verilux light bulb today...I have other lights, but this one is my favorite!

Anyway, I thought I would show you what the last couple of days have produced...I was having such a blast stitching, I stitched some for my own tree too!  Here are the finishes...

This was a free pattern found here...

Not my best finishing, but I have trouble with the larger ones...I hope she likes it, she loves anything Paris!

This was a Permin of Copenhagen Christmas House card pattern, I stitched it first on 40 ct. over one...I might have to wait a while before I try this again, and give my eyes time to uncross!  LOL  I have these little frames I was looking for something small enough to go in them...


I love the pattern so much, I tried it again on 40 ct. over two...and I thought it looked pretty good in this frame...


I stitched this one for an exchange, but I made a mistake....however, I loved it even though it's not perfect, so decided to finish it anyway.  I made another one for my stitch partner, and saved this one in my "vault of unfinished ornaments".  It was stitched on 36ct over two.  It was found in the 2010 JCS Christmas ornament issue.


I have too much time on my hands...LOL  So...who knows what I'll get up to in the next couple of days, especially if I have to take care of a man with the flu...wish me luck.  I may have to find some good medicine that knocks him out, and retreat to my stitch cave while he recuperates.  Let's just hope the rest of us don't get it!!  Happy Stitching!!

No comments: