Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Great music and a lot of fun!

Time just flew by, and the concert just snuck up on us!  My son bought tickets for us for the Luke Bryan concert last weekend in February.  Wow...did the time go by fast!?!?!  Little did we know when we bought the tickets that it would turn out to be the day after Luke won at the CMA awards!  It was a lot of fun crowd watching, dancing to the music, and singing along....I do like the venue (Jiffy Lube Live) in Virginia.  It's always fun tagging along with my guys...even if it was 99 degrees and it's an outside venue...whew even the folks on stage complained of the heat!!

Here are a few pictures...the show opened with Dustin Lynch...




Then came Little Big Town...I REALLY enjoyed their music...





Last came Luke Bryan...






and he included the other acts toward the end of his show...







I thought that was really classy of him!  He also ... off the cuff ... sang our national anthem a cappella with the audience joining in.  I have to say, it gave me shivers to see thousands of people standing, hand over heart, singing The Star Spangled Banner...  He started to say he had respect for our service men and women, when a U-S-A chant began.  When he realized what we were chanting, he began singing...it literally brought tears to my eyes.  I love my country, and it is disheartening when you hear people from other countries bashing us.  Especially people who come here from other countries, gain citizenship, and then say how great the country they came from was and belittle ours.  They enjoy our benefits, and then bash us...I wish they would just go back to where they came from when they do that!!  I find it so offensive!!   When I think of the young men and women (and because my husband served over 20 years in the military I've known a lot of them) who selflessly gave their lives in pursuit of our freedoms, I can't help feeling angry when you hear disparaging words from foreign born imbeciles.  Anyway, it's a great feeling to know there are still patriots here among us in our homeland.

1 comment:

KimM said...

What a moving experience. I always tear up when I hear our National Anthem....I can never finish singing it.
xxx