Sunday, March 15, 2015

Beware the Ides of March/Gifted Gorgeousness

Is it the 15th of March already?  Time is flying by!!  And where do I begin this month?

I'll start off with my items for the Gifted Gorgeousness SAL.  Well I actually finished two items gifted to me this month.  And....I started a third!  I'm pretty sure I won't be able to keep up this pace, I had lots of time to stitch because of my recovery...we'll see how well I do next month!  Anyway, without further ado...

My first finish was Mary, a Mill Hill kit my husband had given to me for Christmas.  I am stitching these on fabric instead of the included perforated paper which I have liked better.  I'm always afraid I'm going to crease the paper or something, and I think it looks much better when finished.  Here is Mary...



My second finish is March's Daffodils, the third in a series called My Garden Journal Series by Garden Samplings.  This is a chart that was loaned to me by my pal, Astrid.  These designs are fun to stitch and I've been stitching from stash as I go along.  This was stitched on 32 ct over one on a mint green fabric.



Last is a pattern I was given in a Secret Santa exchange.  I had 40 ct. fabric stashed away but had to buy the hand dyed threads.  I love this pattern, called Noble, Right, and Pure by Abby Rose Designs.  I am not finished, and am not sure when I will be, but when I need a break from one of my other larger designs I work on this.  It's a joy to stitch!!




It's been fun participating in this challenge.  It's given me a chance to look through patterns I have had for ages, ones I've been putting off stitching for far too long.

What else have I been stitching?  Well...

My Aurora Cabin is coming along nicely.  I am working on this as my "Get it Done SAL" piece, hoping to finish by the end of December.  I happened to think, while stitching on it this week, that I should mark goals so I know if I'm staying on track.  By the end of this month I should have a quarter of the pattern finished.  I think I'm at that mark already!  I hope I can keep up this pace, but I was spoiled by all the half stitches in the sky.  The confetti stitches in the tree were a challenge.  Wish me luck!




So....there you have it!  Thanks for stopping by!  I leave you with a little shot of my silly Thomas, sneaking a peek at our dinner...

 

9 comments:

Linda said...

Congrats on the great finishes DJ. Love your new projects. The picture of Thomas is to cute.

Linda

jocondine said...

Spring is coming in our house with your daffodils and NRP looks a pleasant project too. xxx

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. I do wish people would stop posting pictures of the Cottage Garden months. It's not good for my Stitch from Stash project!! I love the yellows on this one.

Marcy said...

I know what you mean about stitching on paper. I did it once but the next time I get one of those kits, I'm switching to fabric also. Love the spring finish ... so pretty

Mrs Milkybar Kid said...

Beautiful stitching, I love your cottage garden finish, it really does sum up Spring!

Stitching Noni said...

Thomas is so cute! :o)
I love your Mary. I can relate to your nervousness of perforated paper - I always worry that it will rip or I will cut it accidentally!
Great stitching happening :o)
hugs xx

Anonymous said...

lovely pieces of stitching you have here...
totally love the Noble, Right, and Pure by Abby Rose Designs.. is beautiful.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Some lovely stitching

MysteryKnitter said...

I still like that spring - related text of that flower stitching.
Thomas is one handsome tomcat, oh yes he is.