Sunday, February 15, 2015

Gifted Gorgeousness part 2...and then some!

And another month bites the dust...where is the time going??  

Before I forget I'll get the Gifted Gorgeousness post done (I nearly forgot about it last month!!)  So...I have two pictures to show today...

The first is one a friend had given me to stitch.  This is the February Garden Journal Series from Garden Samplings.  I'm trying to finish each month, during the same month.  So far I've been on point!  Wish me luck!!



The second is a gift I'm giving to someone else.  I was ecstatic to use only threads I had here at home, fabric someone had given me a while back, keeping up with my "stitch from stash" resolution, and hope to get it in a frame and off to my friend sometime soon.  I finally found a frame last week, I just need to get it pinned and secured in the frame.  It was for a friend's birthday and part of my Pay It Forward project I have going this year.  This is a A Mon Ami Pierre pattern.



My other SAL I'm participating in is the Get It Done SAL 2015.  I have two patterns I've been striving to finish this year.  I've made progress on both, and am so excited to show them to you now.  I'm actually half way done on my Bent Creek Red Thread piece!!  



The other is Aurora Cabin and is a Dimensions kit.  I have been working a bit on this but got sidetracked...I'll show you why in a minute.



I have been invited to a friend's house for Passover this year.  I am a Christian, but my friend from college is Jewish, and she invited us to her Passover Seder this year.  I am incredibly honored, and so excited to take part in her celebrations.  I've always wanted to participate in a Seder, and am so thrilled she asked me.  I asked what I could bring, and she said she would give it some thought, but in the meanwhile, I found this lovely Matzoh cover to stitch, and though she probably has one already, I thought she might appreciate the sentiment.  I love this pattern, and am nearly halfway done now.  I am not sure how this is actually used so if you know how I should finish this off, I would appreciate your input!!



I still have half a month left to go...I hope to finish the Matzoh cover, and hope there will still be time left over to finish two winter/Christmas themed projects to keep up with my goals for this year.  Wish me luck!!  I will be having surgery toward the end of the month so with all the appointments I am running out of time.  Off to get some stitching done while we are "iced in" today!  I'll leave you with a picture of a little visitor yesterday, who braved the sub zero wind chill to pay me a visit.  Doesn't he look chilly???

 



 

12 comments:

Gillie said...

Seders are very interesting, we went to a couple in IL, the WT's colleagues were Jewish. Also one in Israel and we hold one every year in our church, I baked 250 almond cookies for it last year and didn't attend, my arm was too painful, lol! Well done on all your stitching!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month (and remembering on the actual day!). I love the Cottage Garden series, I see them everywhere and am very tempted by them!

I don't know any Jewish people at all. We don't even have a synagogue in my town. I do know quite a few Catholics and some Latter Day Saints but no one Jewish.
So I'm no use to you at all!

Jayne said...

You have been busy, it's great to see works in progress growing.

Linda said...

Congrats on the cute finishes DJ. I love the two pieces your working on. The poor little squirrel does look cold.

Linda

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Lovely work. Seeing progress is so satisfying.

sew.darn.quilt said...

You have so many lovely projects on the go!

EvalinaMaria said...

Well done! I have Aurora Cabin in my stash and one of those days I'll start stitching it.

Marcy said...

Lovely finishes. Your wips are lookin' good! Maybe google can help you?

Brigitte said...

I lov the Cottage Garden monthlies and always love to see them stitched up on the blogs. Good that you are up to date with them.
Very nice stitching projects. I also try to stitch charts that I have with threads and fabric from my stash, it's such agreat feeling to just have to pull things out and start stitching right away. I love that. Good luck with your goals. And all the best for your surgery.

Barbi said...

Beautiful stitching. I'm sure that your friend is going to love your gift to her!

Maureen said...

Gorgeous finishes and I am sure your friend will be delighted with her gift.

MysteryKnitter said...

Poor squirrel!