Monday, July 7, 2014

R & R

After our goodbyes, we decided to finish out the week as we had originally planned.  When our son goes away on his trips, we usually treat ourselves to a little trip somewhere.  A few years ago we went to Sight and Sound near Lancaster, Pennsylvania to see Jonah.  This year we went again to see their production of Moses.  I love going to this theater.  You are always in for a treat!  I wondered how they would make you feel like you were crossing the Red Sea, and sure enough, I felt like we were right there in the middle of a miracle!  If you ever get the chance to go see one of their productions, I will say you won't be disappointed.  It was amazing!!


You can't take pictures inside during the production, but you can outside and in the lobby.  Here are a few of the "props" to get you ready to see the story.






I still can't figure out how they turned Moses' staff into a snake, but sure enough they did!  Truly amazing!!

We stayed at a lovely Best Western Plus a few miles from there.  The staff was wonderful, the rooms cozy and comfortable.  I hope we can go back and stay there again for the next performance!





Look what I found there?  We went into a lovely quilt shop, it makes me want to dig out my sewing machine and make a few things!!  My husband cringed a little bit, then calmly and quietly led me out of the shop.  LOL  I love him dearly, and he probably did save me from myself a little bit.

I always get a kick out of seeing these signs in Northern NY.  You see them almost as often as you see deer crossing signs...




I nearly forgot to tell you about the torrential downpours we experienced on our way to Lancaster.  It looked beautiful from a distance, but crazy to drive through, and at one point I thought we were going to have to swim the rest of the way!  We arrived safely though, thank heavens!!








I have collected a few sunset pictures from our trips to NY...I'm going to show a few here for you to enjoy.  The sunsets in Northern NY are so beautiful...








1 comment:

Astrids dragon said...

I'm so glad you had a good time. I'd love to go there again to see another show, they are awesome!

Your sunsets pictures are just beautiful, love the colours.