Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy Mother's Day

It's Mother's Day here in the states...and my guys have once again totally spoiled me.  It's so nice to know all those hours of labor, years of sharing my wisdom and knowledge, and the unconditional love haven't gone to waste...LOL!!




I'd like to say thank you to my Mom for all she's done for me over the years too!  I'm thankful she's still here as it's been an interesting year with all the excitement.  Love you Mom!!

It's been a crazy week.  I've been stitching like crazy for a few different reasons.  First off, I decided to stitch a couple of things, frame them, and offer them up as a fund raiser for a team of people from our church headed to Kenya this summer to help build a well and partner with a village there for the next 5 years.  I've finished one..."Spread the love of God" by Lizzie Kate, I just need to get it framed. 



I'm still working on "Hands to work, Hearts to God" by Little House Needleworks.


If you would like to win either of these stitched pieces, I will announce how you can go about that in my next post once they are framed.  

I also received and stitched on this project for Frances in Great Britain.  For the past year I've been involved in a Round Robin.  There were 8 of us participating.  We found individual patterns, gathered the fabric and thread, and then began sending them around to the other participants.  This is the last one (besides my own) that I've had to stitch on, and I've enjoyed every moment.  My seahorse is the last one in the line on this piece.  




One person is left to stitch on my RR.  It was returned to me this week, but they skipped Gillie.  If all goes well I'll pass mine to Gillie this week so she can put her stitches in.  Then I will have some left to do before I can get it framed.  I've loved being a part of this group...and hope I'm invited to participate in the next one (I need to get my thinking cap on for the next one!!).  Here is what mine looks like so far...



I forgot to add a picture from my St. Michaels trip...We each contribute to a "goodie bag"  that we get to take home with us.  Here are a few things that were in mine...








Still thinking about that weekend, it's always so much fun...and so much fun to look forward to next year, too!  Off to enjoy the rest of the day with my guys.  Happy Stitching!

1 comment:

Linda said...

Lovely stitching DJ. The RR's are gorgeous.

Linda