Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Hermitting Weekend...

Hi there!!  I seem to be continually running late.  Will I ever catch up??

I have a few pictures to post, two from Hermitting weekend which was last weekend.  I stitched on One Nation and finally finished the star field.  I've only been working on this piece for two years...do you think I'll ever finish?  








Now that the star field is done, I'm hoping the rest will roll along, but I'm afraid I'm suffering from but first disease.  I will work on One Nation...but first...

I signed up to participate in an exchange.  I'm not showing any pictures as it is a surprise.  I started working on it on Monday night, got to the halfway point on Tuesday, then TRIED to work on it today .... but first...

I had to have a stitch date with Astrid.  Thanks again for the gab fest, for lunch, and for trying to watch an episode of Downton Abbey.  Let's try again soon!!  As always it was a blast and long overdue.  I hope NEVER to go away that long again, and if I do I'm taking you with me!  LOL

Mouse's RR arrived this week too.  I am going to get stitching on that SOON...but first...I need to finish the stitching on the exchange piece.

Speaking of Mouse, I got a wonderful surprise in the mail when I got home from New York.  She mentioned she was going to mail something to me the day I was making arrangements to leave for New York and I wasn't sure how long I was going to be away so asked her to hold on to it until I knew more about where I would be and when.  When she heard I was on my way home she mailed it out and it was waiting for me.  What a lovely surprise!!  She made two more pieces to go with a bag she had made for me last year, a bag with a cross stitched piece attached that said Friendship, a lovely feather pen from the Tower of London, a neat postcard from London, and a magnet needle minder!  I love the buttons she used on the pillow and the little bag.  Thank you, Mouse!  I love all of it!!  You are so creative!!





I had another surprise in the mail today.  My cousin, Judy, sent me a little pink bunny peep.  She has a purple one, along with my other cousin, M.  They like to photo bomb using their purple bunny peeps and post the pictures on facebook of places they've been.  My cousin, D, thinks the rest of us are silly and has been seen strangling one of the purple peeps.  Judy has so kindly decided to let me join in the fun...so you'll be seeing posts on facebook of my pink bunny peep (who still doesn't have a name....if you would like to help me think of a name, I will post it here when I've found the perfect one, and I may have a little surprise for you if you have the winning name!)  Apparently my son has the same feeling about our little peeps as cousin D...I will have to keep her in a safe place away from strangling hands!!




I thought I had left the snow behind me in New York, but I've learned the snow fairies have followed me back to Maryland.  It looks lovely reposing on the branches of trees...it's not so much fun to brush off cars, drive in, or shovel.  I hear there is more on the way...*sigh*.



And that is all I have to say on that subject...or any subject for that matter tonight.  I hope wherever you are, you are warm, safe, and happily stitching!  I leave you with a picture of the true master of our house.  He reminds me of the Dos Equis man...I'm trying to think of a funny caption and then I will post it on facebook....any ideas?

6 comments:

Linda said...

How about Little Peep or Little Pink. I love the pic of the kitty. He is saying. We have had this discussion before about you taking my picture.

Linda

Danielle said...

How about Pinky Tuscadero, you know, like Fonzie's girlfriend from Happy Days? I know that may be a bit over the top, but it's the first thing that popped into my head! LOL.

stitchersanon said...

Please dont send those snow fairies my way: we really dont need any snow. Lovely post..always good to nice post!

Mouse said...

you have seen stars before your eyes after them ...lol ... so pleased you like your wee gifts :) love the pink bunny ...lol and Thomas just love that look ...lol love mouse xxxx

Astrids dragon said...

Oh my, I'm way behind on my One Nation, you put me to shame.

You get wonderful things in the mail, lucky you!

And yes, next time we're going together - wherever that may be!

MysteryKnitter said...

I just love that purring friend!