Friday, November 29, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!



Happy Thanksgiving everyone!  I have to share a quote my friend, Astrid, shared on her Facebook page yesterday...

"Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it."  ~ William Arthur Ward

I'm sorry I didn't have time to post yesterday, although it was very relaxed I just didn't have time to post here, though I should have.   I have so much to be thankful for!  Mostly I'm thankful for the Lord's provision, and for my family and dear friends who I love very much.

The picture above hangs in my kitchen/dining room.  I keep it there because as a young bride, one of our first landlords had a similar picture hanging over their dining room table.  It was the only picture in their large dining room, but spoke volumes about their lives.  When I found this pattern, I had to stitch it, and it has hung in our house ever since...a daily reminder that what we have came from our Heavenly Father, and we need to thank Him constantly for all we have been given.  I'm glad we have a national day that we can stop and reflect and give thanks.

I hope those celebrating were among friends and family and had a wonderful day.  Since I've been married I haven't been home for too many holidays.  So we try to make it a day we spend enjoying each others company.  This year we watched the Macy's Thanksgiving parade, had a wonderful dinner, played Euchre, called our family back in Northern NY, and then went to see the new Disney movie, Frozen, with our Pastor and his family.  It was a lovely day.

I've been a tad busy lately, and seem to have lost my stitching mojo.  I hope I get it back soon!!  I had stitched a few ornaments and sent them out, and one that I know of has reached it's destination.  I crocheted an afghan for another baby due in a month or so.  And I finished Mary's Sampler II offered on Plum Street Sampler's blog.



I've been trying to stitch on Violet's Blue, as I truly love this design and want to finish it soon.  I just can't seem to focus my attention on anything right now...not sure why.  I guess what I need to do, is actually abandon all stitching for a short time...and maybe do something like...clean my house!  LOL  I'm expecting a guest tomorrow!!  I'm keeping it a surprise until after her visit just in case plans go awry....as they sometimes do.  I remember one visit to the area, she caused a massive snowstorm and shut down airports.  So let's keep this on the down low until after her visit.  I can't tell you how excited I am to see her!!  Hopefully I'll remember my camera and get some pictures.  Anyway, here are progress pictures of Violet's Blue.



I was able to start and finish a baby afghan for a baby due soon.  I love this pattern, and enjoy crocheting it until I reach the final round in the border.  It is chock full of picots and they drive me insane.  Ok, ok, so they don't have that far to drive me, but the rest of the afghan takes two days and I spend an entire day on the last round.  It will all be worth it when I see the recipients face...or at least I hope so!!  Here's the final result.








Last, but not least, I can show you this ornament I sent to my dear friend Mouse.  She has told me she has received her package and I told her she could open her ornament to hang on the tree.  This was stitched on 45 count over two threads.  Yes, I've been told I was crazy in the past, and I can honestly say, though I loved the result, the stitching was difficult on such compact count.  Treasure it Mouse, as I dare say I won't be stitching on such a high count again.  Maybe that's where my mojo went??



I just saw a news story on  FOX news that said cats do recognize their owners voice but don't have the mental capacity to understand they should come when called.  Hmmmm....I don't know if I believe that of all cats...and I kind of think mine has a bit of a diabolical side...pictures speak volumes.  Here is Thomas peeking over the edge of the table, waiting for me to turn my back so he can sneak some turkey...


And on that note, I'm off to clean my house.  Maybe a little good, honest, ho******k will be enough to jump start my mojo.  Happy Stitching my friends!

 

6 comments:

Denise SA said...

Dear DJ
Hope your mojo comes back soon and I hope Gillie makes it. Housework should be banned

Linda said...

Mary's Sampler turned out great DJ. The little mouse you stitched is adorable. Absolutely love the pic of Thomas. To cute.
Love the baby blanket. I just finished stitching the same one for DH's cousin. Here is the link if you have time to peek.
http://bengalcatlover10.blogspot.com/2013/11/baby-blanket-ta-dah.html

I also want to thank you for the scissor fob. It is perfect. I can't believe how tiny those stitches are. I would never be able to see hole that small. I love it.

Thanks again,

Linda

Gillie said...

Well drat, I meant to show my not quite finished sampler and ask to see yours! Thank you for a lovely time and a delicious meal! Enjoy your lunches, Mr M! See you again SOON!

Gillie said...

I just reread your post....me cause a snowstorm? Nonsense! It was a good one though, wasn't it, grin?

Astrids dragon said...

Every time I see this piece on your wall, I love it more and more!

Mary's Sampler turned out great, how are you going to finish it?

Do you have to have a baby to get an afghan? Cause I'm NOT having another one and you make them so beautifully!

Mouse's mouse is very cute, are you sure that wasn't what Tom was checking out?

Mouse said...

ooooo gorgeous stitching .... love love ,love my wee mouse :)
hi Mr T .... and what a cute afghan ... love it its sooo lacy and warm and hmmmm want one too ..lol but like Astrid not having a baby to get one hehehehe love mouse xxxxxx