Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day!

It's a beautiful day here in Maryland...the perfect kind of day to celebrate Mother's everywhere.  I can't be with my Mom in person today, but I am with her in spirit.  Happy Mother's Day, Mom...we love you!!


I am happy to be a Mother to our son.  We were married 11 years before we were blessed with him.  I spent many Mother's day far from family and pining to have a child of my own.  I try not to question God's timing, and after we had our son I realized the purpose for waiting so long.  He truly did arrive at the perfect time.  I prayed for him long before he was born, and continue to pray for him now.  He's not perfect, but then, neither am I, but I do believe we were perfect for each other.  He gives us such joy and I'm so very proud of the man he has become.  



I realize Mother's day can be difficult for those who have lost their Mom or their child or are still hoping and praying for a child.  Know that you are thought of today too, and I am praying for those dealing with this sense of loss and pain.  When I lived far away from my Mom and I wasn't a Mom myself yet, an older lady in the church took me under her wing.  I'm sure there is someone in your life who can be your surrogate Mom or child...love on them today and make them feel loved.  Let it be a day of love and peace no matter what your circumstances.

I had a lovely surprise yesterday when I got a text from my former college roommate, Ellie.  We have remained friends all these years, sharing our ups and downs.  She was there for me when I found out I had cancer, and I just recently found out she acknowledged me during a "Relay for Life" event at a High School in her area.  Here is the sign she made for me.  I must say, the outpouring of love and support through my illness has humbled me yet encouraged me.  I  cannot tell you how much the support has been a BIG part of my recovery, and you all make me feel so loved.  Thank you, Ellie, for being there for me through it all. Love you soooooooo much!!

 

Sorry, no stitching pictures today.  Gillie still hasn't sent me her Round Robin (tick tock, woman!! j/k  LOL)...and I'm working on an exchange that I can't show pictures of until she receives it.  Hopefully  next time I'll have some photos to show you!  Have a great week!

No comments: