Saturday, January 26, 2013

It's our anniversary!!

Hi there fellow stitchers!

I had someone on Facebook ask me what snew today.  LOL  An old joke, but still gave me a chuckle today.  I'll tell you what's new though...SNOW!!  But before the weather got too bad, I had some stitching buddies over for the day.  


Sonya and Astrid came over yesterday morning but as soon as they saw the first flake they hightailed it to their prospective homes.  I'm so glad they came over for a few hours.  It was fun spending time with other women, especially stitchers.  Thank you ladies, it was the perfect ending of my week and I enjoyed every minute of it!!  And it was even more special since it was the anniversary of the day Astrid and I first met.  We have made time for each other nearly once a week ever since as we made fast friends the first time we met!  And just look what Astrid brought me!!




I love orchids, but she specifically picked this one as it has five petals and is purple in color.  Wasn't she thoughtful?  I had such a crazy week I didn't have time to find her a gift, but I hope to find something before the next time we meet.  Thank you so much, Astrid, I truly love the orchid!!

Sonya and Alice had kept me out too late the night before, we nearly didn't have anything for lunch the next day.  She and Alice and I went to see Silver Linings Playbook.  I don't know if we irritated anyone before or after the movie with our laughter, but I have to say, I dearly love my friends.  I guess we have enough in common with marriages/kids/etc that sharing our experiences help make our own lives feel less chaotic and abnormal.   

Thank you all so very much for including me in your get togethers.  The time we spend together means more than you'll ever know!!  You keep me sane...ok maybe not sane, but close enough for government work!  LOL

So what  have I been doing this week stitchwise?  First up is Friendship Blooms.  These are the most recent blocks I have finished.  I think I'm a wee bit ahead of the others, but I know in the weeks to come I won't have as much time to stitch on this so I'm sure the others will catch up to me.  Babs, Mouse and I are working on this as a stitch-a-long.  It's always so much fun even though we live far apart to encourage one another as we work on the same project.  The pictures I've seen of their stitching puts my stitching to shame.  Check out their blogs by clicking on their names!



I've been working on Winter's Majesty more frequently, and I really love how it's coming together, but I really need to start some sort of rotation.  I dearly want to work on some WIPs I started last year, and I need to get motivated on One Nation, the SAL I started with Astrid last year.  I love the pattern, and can't wait to get it finished and up on my wall, but I have a mental block about stitching it!  Any suggestions?  


Ok, I guess that's all the news for now.  I think next week I'm going to try to stitch on something different each day and see how that works.  Keep your fingers crossed!  Til then keep smiling and stitching!!  *Hugs*


7 comments:

Tricia T said...

Beautiful work! Your orchid is so pretty! Don't forget to give it its ice cubes! : ) My mom forgot and hers isn't looking too healthy now... Can't wait to see what you'll work on this week. I have a couple new ones coming in this week that I want to start, so I might be doing the day by day thing, too!

Mouse said...

glad you had a wonderful day and your stitching is gorgeous too .... and yes you are ahead but hopefully as you say we will catch up heheheh ... and guess what that orchid is the same as mine !!!!
work on the one nation for a couple of hours before moving on to something else sort of a mini rotation and then it will get done :) as you won't feel guilty for stitching on something else as you will have worked on it .. does that make sense ??? love mouse xxxxxx

Linda said...

Great progress on all your pieces DJ. Looks like you ladies had alot of fun.

Linda

Maggee said...

Sounds like you had a great time with friends! Tht orchid is just beautiful! I do not see anything wrong with your stitching... you do just fine! We have snow down here too--but it looks like the roads might have melted some today so maybe I will venture out tomorrow to get groceries! Hugs!

Astrids dragon said...

And a Happy Anniversary it was! Thanks for a wonderful afternoon, always a good time and I actually got to stitch.

So much for the snow we got, it only caused traffic for me on the way home!

Nicola said...

Best friends double your joys and divides your sorrows and are to be treasured.

Parsley said...

LOVE the orchid and the stitching. Came over here from Astrid's post because I figure her friends must be special. I follow you now. :)