Saturday, June 9, 2012

Woodlawn!!

Thank you to those of you who have been asking where I've been.  It has just been incredibly busy for me the past few weeks.  Trust me when I say, I've had enough!  I surely need my life to slow down some!!

I've been getting a little stitching done.  I was determined when the next parts of Sweet Flowers and Lavender Blue came out that I would stitch them as fast as  possible.  There are just too many things I have started that I'm itching to work on!!  So...I worked on both of these for a little over two weeks, and here they are!!  Can't wait to get started on things that have been on the back burner!!

Here is my update on Sweet Flowers...



And here is my update on Lavender Blue...




For those of you who don't know, after signing up at the beginning of the SAL (it is closed now) I receive the patterns for free, as long as I finish the stitching and send in a picture by a certain date, then they send the next part.  The last parts were a challenge for me and barely finished them in time for the deadline.  This time I am finished a month ahead of time!!  Thanks again Angie Designer for sharing your talent with us!

Well, Astrid and I have had our traveling shoes on again!  This time we went to Woodlawn to the annual Needlework exhibit they host.  Lovely setting, lovely exhibit...and delicious lunch!  Here are some pictures...







So after having this amazing Woodlawn salad which was yummy and fillling...



We decided we would have a much deserved desert...



The chocolate cake was scrumptious, (and mine), the lemon tart was Astrid's.  

And, of course, no trip is complete without a trip to In Stitches!  Last year I posted a picture of this shop and was surprised that later that day the owner had seen it and left a message.  I don't know how she knew, but it will be interesting if she finds me again this year...if so...I'm waving...and I want you to know, I just LOVE your store!!  The people working there were very helpful in finding a chart of a piece I had seen at Woodlawn, and they carry one of my favorite designers so I was able to pick up one of her charts while I was there.  I wish you were closer, but don't worry, I'll be back again on my next trip to Woodlawn!




Thanks for taking me, Astrid!  I really enjoyed the tour of Washington as well *wink*.  Because of construction, Astrid's GPS kept giving us fits and sending us on wild goose chases.  As a result we got to see the Capitol...LOL  As always, I have so much fun with you...can't wait til our next adventure! 





Last but not least, are some progress pictures of a project I have at the shop.  I did one last week, but was in a rush and didn't think to take pictures.  So this time I'm taking pictures as I go along so you can see the process.  We do a lot of "I love me" going away gifts for the military.  This one is probably one of the largest I've had to do.  I was only able to work on it for a short time Thursday, but hope to finish it on Monday.  Here are a few preview shots...













The shots above show the materials laid out, the second shot is the batting placed on the foamcore, the next shot is what it looked like after I had it stretched and the last shot shows everything that will eventually show in the frame, but not in the final layout.  That's as far as I got Thursday.  I'll take more pictures on Monday when I hope to finish the thing off!!

Ok, off to get some stitching done on something I really want to work on!!  Catch you soon, I hope!  *Hugs*

7 comments:

Tricia T said...

DJ your stitching is GORGEOUS. Way to go finishing a month before the deadline!!!! Your salad and dessert look yummy!! Glad you had fun!

Danielle said...

Your stitching looks fabulous! Jill and I went to Woodlawn last Saturday and we drove separate. Because of the construction I was 45 minutes late AND the same thing happened to me on the way home with the GPS!! I wound up in the middle of DC and finally said please God lead me to 295 so I can get home! It took me an additional HOUR to get home!

Mouse said...

ohhhhh love your sal's they look gorgeous .... *VBG

way to go on getting a stitchy shopping trip in ... food looks yummy and I'm with you on the cake hehehe

and so glad you are taking photo of your framing skills too :) can't wait to see it all done :)
love mouse xxxxx

Denise said...

Now I want to know what chart you got that you saw in Woodlawn and who your favorite designer is!

Mindi said...

Beautiful progress on both Sweet Flowers and Lavender Blue. I'm amazed you're keeping up with both of them, since I never even stitched the first part of 1 of them!

I used to live just a few miles from Woodlawn and In Stitches, and you're so right, that shop is wonderful.

Veronica said...

Both look incredible. I didn't end up signing up for the SAL this year as I doubt I will be able to keep up. Romantique Sampler was quite the challenge for me though I must admit I'm kinda regretting that now. Hehe...

Beautiful photos, DJ. I especially like how the logo for In Stitches is a pineapple ^.^

Ah, that framing is gonna be a real piece of art when you're done with it.

Hugs,
Veronica.

Astrids dragon said...

As usual, your stitching is beautiful and I'd love to see the biscornu in person! Love the project you worked on, you did a fantastic job.

Did DH get to see the ships on Sunday???

Hugs!