Monday, April 16, 2012

Girl's Night...

Hello blogging buddies!  I'm wondering if I should introduce myself since it's been ages since I've written a post...do you all remember who I am?  In all honesty, I don't think I'm quite the same person I was a few months ago...lots of "stuff" has been going on and let's face it, with the "stuff" you are bound to change.  I have a little bit (very little, sadly) of stitching to report, but lots of "life" stuff too...so grab a cuppa, this may be a long post...or not...depends on who needs my attention and when.  I still have a wee bit of time before DS gets home, so lets get crackin'!

Let's start with last night.  I don't know if Astrid will ever understand how much I needed last night.  A friend of hers couldn't attend a concert and had two tickets, so Astrid asked me if I would like to go to Woodbridge, VA and see "Girl's Night Live" with her.  I wanted to go, but dreaded the trip...but I rarely turn an invitation down that includes girlfriends and excludes the guys.  Don't get me wrong, I love my guys, but spending time with them usually includes a sporting event or a gross and disgusting movie.  I love it when I'm allowed to let my feminine side show.  LOL  So...needless to say we went, saw Anita Renfroe, Laura Story and Mandisa, laughed, sang, boogied and had a good time.  Just what I needed to refresh my soul!!  Thanks for asking me Astrid...and you're right, next time we MUST invite more girlfriends!!  Here are a few shots, my camera doesn't do well from so far away...



Sorry for the blurry photos, it was the best I could do that night.  Thanks again, Astrid, I can't tell you how much better I felt when we left there...hope you had as much fun as I did!


Well, I did mention that I spent time with my boys...here we are at Opening Day for the Baltimore Orioles baseball team.  It's a tradition that we go every year.  It was not long after I had had surgery, so that was a big day for me.  Don't let the blue sky and sun-shiney weather fool you, it was pretty darn cold that day!!



If you are wondering why we are hovering around the 8, that was Cal Ripkin Jr.'s number, they have a statue in the courtyard of all the retired numbers, and we always touch the 8 on the way into the ballpark, for luck.  It seems to work, because the O's won that day!  I love the pic of the ballpark in my glasses, my son has a great eye for good shots.  He isn't interested in photography at the moment, but I think he would be great at it, don't you?

Now for the barely there stitching.  I don't know if it was the anesthesia or the narcotics afterward, but I have had some pretty "duh" days.  Forgetfulness and just feeling blah, it's been hard to wrap my brain around stitching.  I've gotten some done, so here is my progress on Friendly Stitcher's Dawn of Spring...

  
1979 Ship Sampler from Carriage House


 And Sweet Flowers from Angie Designer


A few days after surgery, some of my stitching buddies surprised me by coming by to stitch and bringing me some goodies.  Alice brought me this beautiful lily... 


 And Sonya brought me this lovely Easter gift that she stitched.  Thank you ladies, you really shouldn't have, but I love both and cherish our friendship so very much!  In all honesty, you guys treat me better than family. I love you guys!!


 I'm going to leave you with a couple of parting shots...  I was on facebook a couple of days ago and the ladies were talking about spring cleaning, so I got just a touch of guilt and decided to clean my bedroom...if you could catch a glimpse of it, even after my day of cleaning, you would think I should be on an episode of hoarders...I seriously need an intervention.  I cleaned off the top of my dresser, but then couldn't find my bed...truly it was a mess.  I threw a bag on the bed at one point, and Thomas spotted it when my back was turned.  It truly was the only spot on my bed with a space big enough for him...I couldn't resist his cuteness...

And last is a tree I pass frequently on a side road near my house.  Every time I see it I think of Mouse, don't ask me why, but doesn't it look like a tea pot?  I finally had my camera with me today and couldn't resist getting a shot.  Hope this gave you a smile today.  Have a good one, and I must say, it's great to be back blogging again!  *Hugs* 

 

8 comments:

Mouse said...

ooooo glad you had a fab time at the concert :)
stitching lovely as always .... love the photo shots too .... way cool the one through your glasses and yup that is a big pot of tea ... perfect for sharing with friends ;0
love mouse xxxxx

Babs in Alabama said...

It really does look like a teapot! Only you could have found that, DJ. I know you've been through a lot and I've been off the grid for most of it. But I so want to post and I will, I promise.
I love that you have such dear friends close by. I love the Easter Egg, beautifully stitched. And did you know, dear friend, that Tyler is rejoicing in a way we can only try to imagine. You will rejoice with him again some day. love ya' babs

Denise said...

Love Sonya's stitching and Thomas is so sweet looking in the bag. My favorite kitty would always do stuff like that, and freak the dogs out by jumping out of the bag at them when they would walk by. Hope to see you all soon again, I've been slacking on my stitching...I need motivation!

Linda said...

Your stitching is progressing nicely. I love the 1797 Ship Sampler. The kitty in the bag is adorable. What a great picture of the tree. It does look like a teapot.

Linda

Maggee said...

Yes, I definitely looks like a teapot! You aren't losing it!! LOVE the ballpark in your glasses photo--what a great shot! Your stitching is fab--don't sell yourself short! You got to see a great show! I would have been hyped for days!! Hugs!

Veronica said...

Looks like it was a wonderful concert. Glad you had fun.

Oh yeah, that is a cool pic of the ball park in your glasses. And yes, you did make me laugh... that tree sure does look like a teapot :D

Lovely stitching. Sweet Flowers is looking great! Sonya's Easter gift is so pretty. I'm envious!

Aww... Thomas is so cute!

Hugs,
Veronica.

Astrids dragon said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed the concert, I know I did! We'll have to check out more concerts for the summer.

Great pictures of the game - nice one, Ben!

You know how I feel about your stitching, always beautiful. I just don't know how you keep up with it all. Sonya - love your gift!

Looking forward to our stitching date... hugs till then.

Carolyn said...

Miss you--are you ok? Love the teapot!