Friday, January 13, 2012

Friday the Thirteenth Crazy...

Get ready to exercise your chuckle muscles as Mouse would say...buckle your seatbelt, it's going to be a bumpy ride!  LOL

When I woke up this morning, before I even stuck my toe out from under my blanket, I knew it was going to be a weird day.  I just had this feeling.  And as I grabbed my Bible study and wrote the date, I realized it was Friday...the thirteenth.  Now most of the time I don't believe in superstition...and I really don't take much stock in this day being unlucky...but I had this feeling it was going to be an interesting day, and my instincts didn't steer me wrong.  

I had this nagging feeling...and as my morning progressed, it turned into an ache, and then a positive sharp pain, that refused to go away.  I got ready for work and then left and halfway there it turned into an unbearable pain....in the medical field they always ask to describe your pain on a scale from 1 to 10.  This was a....if you were within arms reach I would stretch your lower lip up over your face so you could eat your own words...kinda pain.  Childbirth looked like a walk in the park and I had a natural birth with my son...no pain meds!  I sent my boss a text and he told me to close and go get some help somewhere and he would get there as soon as he could, and as I was reading that and getting ready to call my clinic, four customers walked through the door.  I waited on all of them, helped design a framing job (turned out to be a $600.00 order!!), and cut some plexiglass for a customer when my boss finally walked through the door and took over.  I was able to make an appointment 30 minutes later and found out that probably the dye they used for the MRI yesterday had attacked my liver.  I couldn't for the life of me figure out what would cause that much pain.  So...within 3 hours of arriving at work, I was headed home with pain meds in hand.  I'm finally feeling more comfortable, if not whippy from the meds!  LOL  They forgot to tell me to drink, drink, drink and flush all that stuff out of my system yesterday!  So that is what I've been doing since I got home.

 THEN...I decided to get started on my crazy for today.  I cut the fabric, pulled the threads, sorted out the patterns, started stitching and realized the fabric wasn't dark enough for the threads I had.  *sigh*  It was over one, too.  *heavier sigh*  So...I thought...well, I can stitch this other SAL that I had found on the internet the other day, it was the perfect size and all the colors seemed to look ok on the fabric.  Well the first color I chose DIDN'T look good on the fabric, so out it came...and I decided to just use white.  I think it looks ok, this picture really doesn't look too good at the moment, but hopefully as I go along it will look better.  The SAL is called SAL Alphabet aux Nichoirs and can be found here. 
 

And on that note, I think I'll quit while I'm miles behind. 

6 comments:

Denise said...

So sorry you went through all that...hope you feel better quick!

Nicola said...

You have the right attitude. It's good to be able to turn a bad experience around and be able to write about it in the way that you have. Sending you a big hug.

Nancy said...

So sorry you had to go through that...why do they always forget to tell patients the most basic and important instructions after a procedure is beyond me.

Mouse said...

its not often I will say take more water with it ..lol .... hope you are feeling much better now and lovely start .. have been over to get start too *sigh another one to do heheheh :) love mouse xxxxx

Veronica said...

I hope you feel better soon, DJ. Please do take care.

Hugs,
Veronica.

Angie said...

What a day