Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

 

What a beautiful day!  Finally after several days of rain we awoke to a beautiful blue sky and sunshine.  It promises to be a lovely day with mild temperatures.  The guys will be able to get outdoors and "blow the stink off" as my Mother would say.  It's early and the guys are still asleep after their late night out at the hockey game.  The Caps won again in overtime...GO CAPS!!  So I have a few minutes to reflect on the day and what it means to me.
 
To quote my cousin, I'm thankful I'm not a turkey today!  Although a couple of turkeys were pardoned at the White House yesterday.  And to think they almost made the turkey our national bird.  Thankfully Benjamin Franklin didn't get his way!  Ours will soon be in the oven and the smells will fill the house.  I'm hungry just thinking about that!  There are so many things to be thankful for this year.  For a God who provides in the most intimate ways.  For a husband and son who are loving and kind.  For  a year full of blessings of good friends and family.  For health and for comfort and peace.  Those are what I'm truly thankful for!

I spent the early part of this week with some friends.  With the lovely  Miss M who's birthday was yesterday, and this is the gift I gave her.

 

I reconnected with a former co-worker that I haven't seen in a while, but who used to come and crawl in my bed and watch movies with me when I was going through chemo.  Thanks for going to the movies with me, Miss C, I love spending time with you, and your wonderful sense of humor keeps me in stitches!  

I had to throw in this picture of the little yellow cat that comes to visit Thomas.  They used to sit and hiss at one another and try to bat one another through the sliding glass door.  Now they curl up on either side of the glass and keep each other company.  We aren't sure if he/she belongs to anyone, but what a lovey dovey kitty!  We aren't sure what to do, whether to give Thomas a playmate, or what?  I started calling him/her Garfield...Gar for short.  Whatever will we do with Gar?

 

The turkey picture you see above is the turkey from my wooden nativity we got while we lived in Germany.  There are many interesting pieces in this nativity, but as I was searching for turkey pictures for my blog, that little guy came into mind.  And then I got the brilliant idea of putting the blessed family behind him, because what comes after Thanksgiving?  A picture is worth a thousand words!  To you and yours, may you have a truly Blessed Thanksgiving! 

4 comments:

Mouse said...

ooo now am hungry smelling the turkey ... lovely gift you stitched ... glad you re found Miss C :) and awww Gar is adorable ... hope you have a great day ... thinking of you and the guys :) love mouse xxx

ArchangelDecker said...

I vote for feeding Gar some turkey and finding out if he has an owner. If not, he'd certainly be mine! :)


Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving! :)

Veronica said...

Happy Thankgiving! Miss M is so lucky. That's a gorgeous birthday present you've stitched for her and the framing is wonderful too. Gar is so cute. I'd try to find out if he has an owner too. If not, then I'd definitely keep him if I were you :)

Hugs,
Veronica.

And This Little Pig said...

Hope you and your family had a wonderful Thanksgiving, with plenty of turkey and pie. Love your little turkey, had a laugh that he came with a Nativity set :@ so Happy Thanksgiving!!
LiBBiE in Oz