Thursday, June 16, 2011

It's Thursday and you know what that means...

It's UFO day!! I didn't get far, but here's my progress for today...


I didn't have much time to stitch today because I was at the store putting together my Mom's birthday gift, it took me a couple of days to pin the piece, and then today I went back and cut the mat and assembled everything together. And here it is in all it's glory. (Sorry for the reflection, I couldn't find a place to take the picture without the glare...*sigh*)


I spent part of the day talking DS through his driving manual. Then we had to sit in the car and learn what all the gizmos and gadgets mean, how to turn on windshield wipers and headlights. Oh joy. Monday he's going to go for his learner's permit. I had to laugh at him yesterday as he came running upstairs and said, "Why are they saying you shouldn't be a reckless driver...aren't they good drivers? After all, they are WRECK - less!" What a kid!! I guess I should warn the nation that he'll be on the road soon...look out world, here he comes! (I'm thinking about handing in my license just so I don't have to ride around with him while he learns! I've already lost my hair once, I really don't need to be yanking it out by the roots now! LOL!!)

I had an appointment with the plastic surgeon last Tuesday and they advised me to go back to the lymph edema clinic and have my arm looked after. It's begun to swell again. *sigh* I bumped it last weekend and gave myself quite a bruise...now it's swollen and though I've been wrapping and massaging, it hasn't gotten better. I'll admit I'm a bit discouraged.

I ran upstairs to take care of something and found this little guy all stretched out ready to get shipped off somewhere. Anyone want a middle-aged cat with a mean temperament towards males of the human species? I'll just stuff him in the box and send him on his way. It would make a great Father's Day gift for DH! LOL Only kidding, I would miss my little buddy.




Off to cool off, for some reason I'm roasting tonight. Got lots planned for the weekend so you probably won't hear from me for a few days. Enjoy your weekend! *Hugs*

6 comments:

Gabi said...

Ohhhh...your cat looks so cute in the box. Don't they all adore boxes?
Hope your arm is getting better soon and your stitching is just lovely

Mouse said...

oooo well a bit of progress is better than none ;) and love it you've done a great job on the letters .. and EEEKKKK am not driving on the road if he comes over here .. heheh only kidding Ben ;) and Thomas you are adorable you can come any time :) hope your arm is feeling better and your mums' piece looks lovely . I think I shall have to pickle your brains on how to frame my HOAN and Natures Beauty ;) love mouse xxx

Susan said...

One stitch here, one stitch there, pretty soon it's lots of stitches and you're done. Beautiful framing on your Mom's gift.
I sooo remember driver's training - not a pretty thing as we had a standard shift car and DS had two left feet! DS is still driving that car 12 years later - he's much better at it now.
Hope your arm gets better soon - lymphodema is can be so frustrating.
The Hubs calls boxes "cat traps" and you trapped a handsome one!

Nancy said...

Cats do love boxes! He looks so persnickity! Don't envy you teaching your son to drive...that is such a scary time those first few times out! Your mom is going to love her birthday gift! It's beautiful! Hope the arm swelling gets better soon!

Rachel said...

Your kitty is too cute! Thanks for stopping by my blog today:) I am from Madrid, so not too far from where you grew up! As for where I buy my stuff, mainly online, lol. Every once and awhile I drive to Syracuse to The Stitcher's Garden. I love it! I just wish it was closer, lol. But that might be a bad thing, I would never have enough money, haha. :)

MysteryKnitter said...

How cute purring friend!
I hope your arm will improve soon. And I also wish success to the one who sits behind the wheel.