Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Bing Bing Bing...Ricochet Rabbit

I'm probably dating myself here, and if you live abroad you may not know about Ricochet Rabbit...but there used to be a cartoon on Saturday mornings called Deputy Dawg and Ricochet Rabbit. The beginning of the show would picture Sheriff Ricochet Rabbit...and he would bounce off the nearest telephone pole, then a rock, then a cactus singing out Bing Bing Biiiiiiiing...LOL That's kind of how I feel lately. I bounce from one place to another to another at lightning speed. I am having trouble remembering which day it is, and if it weren't for my calendar with lots of room to write multiple appointments and meetings I would be totally lost in a fog. I don't like being this busy...and as I look at my schedule there is no let up until April 8th when I have my surgery. I'm getting tired...and then it's hard to focus and take things in stride. The next few weeks are going to disappear fast. I'm dreading them...

Already this week I've had two doctors appointments, had blood drawn, had a massage, had a physical therapy appointment, ordered DS's class ring, had my B-12 shot, made numerous phone calls to check on lab tests and schedule more. I saw the Gastro guy today, who informed me that I have Mediterranean blood in me...(That's news to me since I thought I was of Irish, Welsh and Native American descent!!) Well my sister always tried to tell me I was adopted...maybe she was right? Mom...Did you find me at the orphanage? Or maybe....I was switched at birth...you know that MIGHT just explain a few things!!! LOL I have some kind of anomaly in my blood that causes my blood cells to be smaller in size than normal. Obviously it hasn't caused any permanent damage...but it does cause me to pause and shake my head in wonder. LOL Other than that, I seem to be fine. On a brighter note, I was able to visit Sonya and stitch for a while on Monday, and meet a "Sista Warrior" today and have a little conflab in between running from one appointment to another.

But...enough of that...let's discuss stitching! I saw this particular pattern called Renouveau by A Mon Ami Pierre at the needlework show over the weekend. I saw it stitched over two threads on linen and as a miniature stitched over one linen thread. It is just precious and I HAD to have it! I found it at In Stitches, and here's a picture. One of these days I'm going to stitch it!


I've stitched on a few projects in between events...I just haven't posted pictures until now. So here's a few updates...

Stitching Mends My Soul by Erica Michaels...


Lighthouse Sampler from By the Bay Needleart...


Bienvenue from Isabelle Vautier...


I stitched on Heart of America from Little House Needleworks on Sunday instead of Monday but didn't get too far...


And I stitched on my UFO (Rose Quaker from Stickideen von der Wiehenburg) on Monday because Sonya and Pat wanted a peek at my progress....so no wet noodle for me this week!! LOL


I didn't get a lot done because we decided to take a break and go to an Irish Pub for dinner. Mmmmm (Thanks again Pat!!)...and topped off with Bailey's Irish coffee...it's nice to do something different once in a while!!

I came home to find this little plant that DH had found. I LOVE African Violets, and he found this little miniature. Now...the blossoms are no bigger than my index finger, I know it doesn't look like it in the picture, but they are just precious. He and I have had this discussion many times. I LOVE getting flowers, but he thinks it's much nicer to get a living plant than cut dead flowers. Perhaps he's right...and it is nice to have the plant that keeps on blossoming, but I love the smell of roses. In the end, it's the thought that counts, and he was very sweet to bring me flowers and brighten my day. Thanks, Honey, You're the best!! Sonya had some LOVELY yellow tulips sitting on her table yesterday as we were stitching, and it was refreshing to have a sign of spring to brighten up her home! What a wonderful gift from God, He really knows the way to the heart of a woman, doesn't He?


So, that's the end of my blog for tonight. Have you thought any more about the PIF? There is still time to sign up!! Just leave a comment on the entry before this one and I'll be sure to put your name in the hat! Tomorrow I'm meeting Astrid and Marie for some stitching at a local bookstore. I'm looking forward to seeing you guys! Onwards and upwards! *Hugs*


7 comments:

Astrids dragon said...

Yes... break time for you tomorrow!!! I'm looking forward to it - same time, same bat channel.

I LOVE the Renouveau too, just beautiful. Just add it to your projects, what's one more?! You've been busy as usual, everything looks great.

Scrap said...

C'est vraiment magnifique ce que vous faites !
j'adooooooore vos broderies !
bises et bonne journér

Mouse said...

coooo ... you will meet yourself coming backwards ..lol and oooo I remember that cartoon ;)brill stitchy updates :) good news from dr's so far:) and I'm missing stitching with you all :( ... cute flowers too love African voilets mmm must get me a new one :) love mouse xxxx

Tracey said...

Wow, that sampler you picked up is so neat! I've never seen anything quite like it! Beautiful progress, and lovely flowers too! I want to pick up some violets or other small flower for my desk at work.

Tricia T said...

Marvelous progress on your stitching, DJ, and the violets are so sweet! I have one blossom on one of mine right now... the only sign of Spring here!

Veronica said...

Oooh... I've not noticed Renouveau before. It's really pretty. So are all your WiPs as usual. My fav is still the Rose Quaker. Now if only I could find more time to stitch. I think your DH's absolutely right. I think living plants are so much nicer and the buying takes more thought imo.

Joy said...

WOW!! You are moving your needles DJ!! Everything looks wonderful!