Sunday, January 9, 2011

Cloud Nine

Hello folks! Here it is, Day Nine already!!

After today I hope I make it the rest of the way! I didn't get much stitched today, it was one of those days spent on the phone. Lots going on in the family and I'm feeling useless living so far away. Oh well, nothing I can do but pray, and talk on the phone. I'm pretty good at both by now!!

I have been wanting to stitch the piece I started today for a long time. I've had the fabric and thread sitting in a box calling out to me. They don't sell the recommended thread at my LNS so I substituted something else. I wasn't sure if I had enough thread, but hopefully Sonya's and my calculations are correct and I do. *fingers crossed* So I reluctantly started today. Like I said, I didn't get very far today. Here is what Cirque des Carreaux from Ink Circles is supposed to look like...

And here is what it looks like stitched on 32 ct Maritime white over one with The Thread Gatherer Silk-n-color Forget-Me-Not silk thread. Yep, it's a bit dismal, but as I said, I didn't get much time to stitch on it today.

I also got the next step in the January Mystery SAL and so stitched the next color in this one. I could prop the phone on my shoulder and stitch this in hand, so that's why I'm caught up on this particular one. Well at least I am keeping caught up.

Now for my list...I think I might do a bit of tweaking. As you know I was "hanging ten" on the internet yesterday when I ran across a SAL that begins tomorrow...YES I SAID TOMORROW!! So I signed up then realized that they give you the first piece, and you must show progress before they send you the next piece. Hm....Well, what is there to do, but substitute this for something on my list. It's such a pretty piece, I cannot pass this one up. I ran to Michael's tonight and discovered that I could only buy two of the five threads I need. There are times it's good to live in a metropolitan area...there is another Michael's in another direction that I plan to hit tomorrow. If they are out there, of course there's another one 20 minutes away...and there is always my LNS, but I have to go there tomorrow anyway to get the fabric. I'll show you what I'm up to tomorrow, provided I get my materials AND find the time to stitch. I learned tonight that DS has a dentist appointment after school tomorrow, we have to drop some things off from our church to the homeless shelter between 5:00 and 6:00 tomorrow and then have dinner out (who, I ask you, has time to cook??? LOL) I'm tired just thinking about it. My trip to Michael's tonight along with an hour long stroll around Target and dinner at KFC while DS was attending Youth Group services nearly did me in!! I never should have told DH I was feeling better. His military training is to take folks on forced marches to build up stamina. I swear his military training will be the death of me yet! LOL

And now my tale of woe is done. Hopefully I'll have something to show you tomorrow. Wish me luck!! *Hugs*

5 comments:

sonya said...

What do you mean, "dismal"? Your thread choice is so cheerful and happy. It looks beautiful! So glad to read on yesterday's post of how you are doing so well. So encouraging. It is exciting!!! I am so glad you are feeling more and more like yourself! We have so much to do....now if only I can keep up with you! And you know I won't even try to keep up with your stitching! But you are encouraging me to get more of my UFO's finished. I need a challenge to keep me motivated like you are. So....I will have to make my list. BTW, I can't even imagine what you are running around looking for....such a mystery! I can't wait to read tomorrow's post or pin you down in person and get it out of you!

And This Little Pig said...

DJ, you did see how I am cheating through the Crazies didn't you? No stitching over one, and definitely not 32 count :D Lots of little projects. I am leaving me three big projects to start last. You my dear are fast becoming a superwoman, and my new hero! Love all your starts, can't wait to see this SAL.
LiBBiE in Oz

Gillie said...

Oh good grief, I KNEW I should have taken away your computer - another SAL indeed! Ink Circles, oh my, never mind how much you did - you did some and are keeping to the spirit of the challenge. The colour is gorgeous, will have to look for that one, thanks, Miss Enabler! I, on the other hand, am sitting here with a blanket over my head hoping I won't be seen as there has been only a measly list and no photographs from me :( I will have to check out Libbie (And This Little Pig)'s blog - we are obviously sisters in cheating, lol!

blueladie said...

DJ, I LOVE the Ink Circles piece. The colors are so pretty. I will be watching this one. No wonder it has been 'calling' to you. :) Keep up the good work! :) Cathryn

Maggee said...

Yes, like everyone else, I think the color you picked for the IC piece is going to be delightful! I am trying to figure out what your mystery SAL that you have been stitching is going to be... I am stumped! So, now you tease us with another one??? Hmmm... Take it easy now, and do not overdo it. Rest a bit tomorrow. Hugs.