Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Blowin' in the wind...

Hi there folks! I'm back among the land of the living...at least today I am! LOL

The wind has been a force to reckon with the past few days. I've woken up with snow on the ground for a couple of days now, but it has all melted by noon, much to my son's dismay. He would love to have a few snow days (already?) so he can sit by my bed and keep his old Mom company (or wait until she's sleeping and snoop for pressies). Oddly enough the past couple of days I've been trying my darnedest to get out of the house at least for a couple of hours and "blow the stink off" as my mother would say. Well, let's just say that I did more than "blow the stink off" yesterday. Yes.... the wind she blew, and the wig she flew! Fortunately I was able to corral the naughty animal before it got too far away. I was commenting to Mouse yesterday when she mentioned how odd the "wanted posters" would sound... Searching for brown, shoulder length wig, last seen blowing across the Waugh Chapel shopping center parking lot at 30 MPH in a westerly direction. If found, please return to very chilly former chemo patient. LOL!!!

I'm headed out for another doctor's appointment today, but I thought I would update you on what I've been doing as of late. I know there are other things I should be working on, but sometimes when under pressure, I tend to shut down. Instead I'll find other ways to be "productive" and yet still procrastinate (my middle name...LOL). For some reason stitching on the Little House Needleworks set of ornaments has become a priority for me. I've stitched more than half now, and am hoping to finish up the rest before Christmas. Why? I don't know, but I'm having fun working on them non-the-less. So here they are. A few I've posted before, but I thought I would give you a complete rundown on all that I've finished in the order I've finished them.

Fa-la-la


He's a flake


Snowy Pines


Red House in Winter


Frosty Flakes


Merry Skater


Winter sheep

And there you have it. On a good day I can actually finish one, but as the holidays approach and I'm feeling better, that may change. I'm hoping to post one more time before Christmas, but if I don't, I'm wishing each and every one of you a very Merry Christmas and may you enjoy many blessings in the coming New Year! *Hugs*



3 comments:

Kathy said...

Oh DJ, I am picturing you chasing after your hair! LOL I hiope you are feeling better and the doctor has nothing but good reports for you.

You have one more of the LHN ornaments done than I do. :) Good luck at finishing them before Christmas. And just incase, I hope and pray that you and yours have a very Merry Christmas and an even better, and healthier, New Year.

Edy said...

You are a scream -- perhaps, now that you have finished the chemo, it will be time for your own natural tresses to begin to grow again, and this will NEVER, NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN!!!! (It does make for a funny picture tho -- perhaps a cartoon in The New Yorker magazine -- tee hee)

Happy Holidays (all of them) to you, DH and your darling son! -- You are often in my thoughts!

(((((((((((((DJ & family)))))))))))))

Edy

Maggee said...

You have 5 more done than me!!! Hope you have a very Happy Christmas!! Next year is going to rock! Hugs!