Friday, June 4, 2010

T-shirt of the year award!

Hi! You're probably sick of all the posts today but I promise this will be the last, I have to get off this silly machine and get something productive done.

One of the ladies in the Breast Cancer Support Group meetings that I attend on the first Wed. of the month just sent me this e-mail with this adorable picture and I just had to share. I burst out laughing when I saw it, and hopefully it will make you giggle too!!


On a down note...just to let you know, the pathology report came back and they've found cancer in a few of the sentinel nodes they checked. So....more surgery in the future. I have a date of June 16th.

Now, I don't want you feeling badly for me, it's just one more step in the process. To be honest, I was ready for this announcement. I was hoping they wouldn't find anything, but I'm ready for this and it's just going to be another notch on my belt. When I was being prepped for surgery and they were asking me this and that about illnesses and things, I haven't had anything really seriously wrong in my entire life. The only other surgery I've ever had was a dental implant and the only medication I take on a regular basis is a vitamin B-12 shot once a month for pernicious anemia. I'm healthy as a horse otherwise and they kept telling me how rare I was...but we knew that all along didn't we? LOL!!! So, I know that I'm not in this alone, God is holding my hand every step of the way. All I'm worried about is that I forget to glorify Him and thank Him on every step of this journey. Thanks again for those of you who have been praying. I'll keep you posted!

*Hugs*

3 comments:

Babs in Alabama said...

I just read all your posts at one time...enjoyed them all, except for the surgery part. I am so sorry, but sounds like you dealt with it before you knew for sure. Your flowers are so beautiful and I'm glad you have such a great support group (not just the support group). Thomas looks like my Kylie.
Still praying,
babs

Charlene ♥ NC said...

What a face on that darling! You're a woman of steel. Sending thoughts of healing and continued peace your way!

MysteryKnitter said...

I am so sad for you that you must go through another surgery. Hopefully, all goes well, and they get it all out. You got pretty flowers earlier.