Tuesday, March 30, 2010

While we wait...

Hi Gang!

I finally found some time to share a few photos. First though, I want to thank those who have been leaving comments and praying for me. The last few weeks have been nerve wracking and I know those prayers have been carrying me through. So thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Here is a shot of the Bachelorette party. We had a lot of fun, they were a great bunch of ladies to spend the evening with. We went to Medieval Times for dinner and a joust. Our knight turned out to be the bad guy, but he sure was great to look at, so much charisma you had to cheer no matter what! We hit a few bars, then a midnight showing of Alice in Wonderland. It sounds a bit tame, but all in all it was a fun evening.

So, here goes...*huge sigh* It is with GREAT reluctance that I share these photos. LOL I really did love the dress, but I know I didn't look great in it. I have to say, though, the fabric was so nice and it did fit really well (no more wardrobe malfunctions for me! LOL) that I didn't feel self conscious UNTIL I saw the pictures, but by then the event was all over but the shouting. Christina was a beautiful bride and the wedding was perfect, everyone had a great time and had fun together and that is all that mattered.

So, here is the entire bridal party at the altar. I'm the middle bridesmaid....*shiver* LOL

I danced with Christina's Mom to "Cotton-Eyed Joe" You have to know Christina's Mom, shes a hoot and makes everything so much fun!

I got a shot of the other framer's that have worked at Frames Galore with Christina and me. At one point the lights at the store would have problems lighting up, and all that would light was Frames Gal...so we've affectionately become known as the Frames Gals. I must say, it wasn't my best mugshot...I had had a few Southern Comfort and ginger ales at this point and I'm afraid it's written all over my face. LOL (I needed some liquid courage to face people with all that skin hanging out! LOL)


Here's a shot of the Camelot Sampler all framed and ready to hang. Christina loved it and I got a very sweet message on my cell phone the following day from John, who said he couldn't stop looking at it and it would always be hung in pride of place wherever they lived. I love making things for people who appreciate the hard work and love and attention I put in my stitching. It was a joy to stitch this for them. Best Wishes, Christina and John, for a long and happy life together!


With all the busy-ness and stress we've been having to deal with for such a long time now, DH and I decided to take a little trip out of town last weekend. DS was attending a Christian Youth Conference (IMPACT) in Ocean City (this is the third year he has attended the conference and DH and I have never been there) so, we decided to stay in a Bed and Breakfast there. Josephine and Brian run the Atlantic House just one block from the boardwalk. If you ever plan to visit, I would recommend their little B&B.


They were the perfect hosts, I felt like fast friends when we left there. Not only were the accommodations welcoming and comfortable, but the breakfasts were out of this world! I even came away with a few new recipes. Each night they had a snack for us (homemade chocolate chip cookies one night...a weakness of mine) and one night treated us to one of Brian's Sangria concoctions. Mmmmmmmmm yummy!! It was a bit windy and chilly (so couldn't take advantage of the hot tub) but it was worth the little vacation away from it all. We had the boardwalk pretty much to ourselves, we visited a few of the MUST SEES along the way, and I gained a few pounds because we HAD to try Fischers carmel corn, the Dough Roller pizza, Thrashers boardwalk fries, Wockenfuss chocolates and of course the fudge from the Candy Kitchen. Not to mention the Atlantic house breakfasts. It was just what DH and I needed!

I love the ocean. I don't swim or even like to walk on the beach, but I love to watch the waves and listen to the waves crashing on the shore. It soothes my soul in ways I can't express in words. Thank you my dear sweet DH for planning this little get-away. I had the perfect time! I couldn't help trying to get this shot of the big waves and the moon in the sky at the same time. I thought it was so pretty.


I read somewhere about a preacher who comes to the beach and makes sand sculptures there. This is one that was standing along the shore that he created. What an amazing talent!

So, guess that's all the news that's fit to print. The procedure went well yesterday and other than a little soreness I'm doing great! They told me I would have answers in 48 hours, but that he would probably be calling me late Tuesday. I'm not sure when I'll post next because I'm sure I'll be busy. I've taken a few days off work and I know that I'll be busy when I do get back to the shop. Thanks again for reading and for your prayers. They mean the world to me! *Hugs*

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Continues prayer and thoughts that the news Thursday is good.

Love your beach photos. And it sounds like DH did a good job helping you get away and relax for a couple of days.

The wedding photos are lovely too. I'm glad you are getting a few days off to do other things. Love your sampler. The framing and matting are perfect. It is nice to know that the couple love it too.

Mylene said...

Great pictures of the wedding.
Glad to hear you have had a wonderful days away and great pictures taken.

The Camelot Sampler looks gorgeous!!

MysteryKnitter said...

Awesome wedding! I knew the couple would love your present to them.
I wish you all the best in your future.