Saturday, August 1, 2009

Occupational Hazards...

Hi again! I didn't write much when I posted my picture as the "boys" wanted me to play a game with them. We have a Wii system and we just recently got a new game. It's called Wii Sports Resort. They've improved the remote (added a little gizmo at the bottom that is more sensitive to movement) and it is amazing the things that are in this game. We can't seem to put it down! LOL Our favorite so far seems to be the frisbee golf game. You can definitely put more spin on the ball in the bowling game too. Anyway, DS is loving this game and because he doesn't have a sibling, DH and I are his near constant "playmates". We have a good time anyway. We were laughing so hard at one point tonight that tears were streaming down my face. I love my guys!

I just had to write that I found out yesterday that I work with a celebrity! This is one talented lady! She was in school to learn about the film industry. She helps film sporting events in Washington DC. While she was an intern in college, she helped film the show "Forensic Files". She appeared in a few of the episodes as an extra. I'm going to be watching very closely now to see if I can spot her in some of those episodes. What fun! LOL The reason she mentioned it is because I was telling her that one of the occupational hazards of working in a frame shop is that you notice framing wherever you go. I was once watching a movie and wondered how they framed a particular piece hanging in the background of one of their shots. That's when she mentioned that she watched Forensic Files closely to see if she could spot others that she had met while working on the show. Any of you have "occupational hazards" like this? If so, I'd love to hear about them!

It's quiet in the house right now, the guys have gone to bed, and I finally have a minute to myself to sit and comtemplate. This has been a wacky and wild year for me and there are times I get a little overwhelmed. Whenever I start to feel sorry for myself, something happens that reminds me that I really have nothing to complain about. I wrote that I lost my Dad in June. Then a couple came into the shop yesterday who had lost their daughter to cancer and they were having her picture framed for a memorial service. I will miss my Dad tremendously, but I imagine the pain of losing a child you've known and loved for 30 plus years is a much harder pain to bear. We talked about focusing on the good memories and started sharing funny stories of our loved ones. I hope they went away from our encounter feeling a little better like I did. I try to look at things this way...a difficult experience is preparing me for something later in life, either to strengthen me for something, or to help someone else through something. When I look at it that way, it gives me the courage to carry on.

Ok, time to get ready for bed. Take care and God Bless...

No comments: