Monday, July 20, 2009

Just a little note...

I'm chuckling to myself as I sit here, I'm sure if the men from the loony bin could see me they'd be measuring me for a straight jacket even as I type! My mother always said, "So goes Monday, So goes the week!" If that's the case, I'm heading for bed, putting the covers over my head, and not coming out until the weekend...oh wait...I have to work this weekend too. I may stay there a month!!

The boss left on his vacation Friday, need I say more? All heck broke loose the day his SUV headed south. (He hired me back so he could take his family to Disney World). The last time he called, he called to say he would not be answering his phone as he was heading to the pool with his kids. *sigh* I wish I was there...or at the north pole, or in Siberia...anywhere but here!!!!!!!!

I was supposed to have the order in by Noon today. That didn't happen. I was supposed to have a few things framed and ready for people to pick up today. That didn't happen either. I was supposed to "pop" something into a ready made frame for someone today as it was their wife's birthday and he had waited until the very last minute. That DID happen....but barely in the knick of time! I was supposed to end my shift after 8 hours and leave by 6 (for fear of sounding like a broken record, I'll just say that I was an hour late for the lovely dinner my DH had waiting for me, on the good china and everything ... I think he was planning something special the first night DS was away at summer camp...LOL Another perfect evening ruined in his eyes...*grin* I was too tired for what he had planned anyway LOL!!!) What did happen was several phone calls where I waited listening to elevator music while waiting to place an order, or inquire about some missing moulding, while assisting people at the framing table, accepting payments, and accepting a delivery of ready made frames that was not supposed to arrive for another two weeks while a co-worker was complaining that they dropped the pallet of frames in the parking lot without carrying it inside (that's their policy, and I've never questioned it, just carried it inside..what's the big deal??? LOL) Thank God for cordless phones...and I am serious about thanking God! I know he's responsible for that one!! I'm becoming quite accomplished at multitasking (I am woman, hear me roar *snapping into my Wonder Woman pose*). I even got to baby sit a 6 mo old baby for a few minutes while a customer ran to use the restroom through the maze of broken glass and matboards and spare moulding in our back room. Not a safe place for infants even strapped into their carriage! LOL I was home for barely 10 minutes, had just taken my first bite of chicken and dumplings when the phone rang...it was the shop and they had a question. Calgon take me away!! (For those of you in the UK, it is not some detergent, it is a lovely scented bath salt we use in our bath water here and the advertisement makes it look like the world melts away as you slip slowly into a huge bathtub lined with candles...sounds relaxing doesn't it? Yes, that's what I need at this particular point in time....) If this is a sample of the first week without the head honcho, I'm dreading the rest of the week. When I tell you this is only the tip of the iceburg that made up my day (I'm not going to bore you with all the nitty gritty details) please believe me I may be reduced to a wimpering blob of jelly by the end of this "boss being on vacation" experience. Oh well, I still have my sense of humor...at least for today. I have tomorrow off (and I MAY turn off the phone and escape the little shop of horrors for the day) and all I have planned is to stitch, stitch, stitch, stitch! I need this little oasis as I have to work every day after until next Monday. Stay tuned, as the next message may be from the loony bin!

*Hugs*

5 comments:

nutmegg said...

Gosh DJ if that was a short note I'd hate to see a long one....and yes good you still have your sense of humour....where would we be without it....have fun on you day off and don't answer that damned phone....margaret

Dawn said...

Oh Nightmare!! DJ, just turn off the phone, blow a raspberry to yesterday. I hope your day is good today, I'm sure it is if you are stitching.
Oh by the way Calgon over here is a water softner that people put in their water systems if they are in a hard water area.

Hugs,
Dawn

Maureen said...

Sounds like your going to have a hectic few days - thank goodness you explained the difference in Calgon in the US.- when i saw it at first i was a bit concerned lol!!

Joke said...

At least you still have your Christmas Quaker LOL

MysteryKnitter said...

You have had your hands full indeed.