Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Snow, in April?



Can you believe it? I know I can't, but yes, it snowed last night and this morning. I'm still in shock! LOL Big white fluffy flakes, while flowers are blooming and leaves are beginning to bud on the trees. *Sigh* Fortunately it didn't stick, but it's still cold enough to snow out there! YIKES! Al Gore, I want a word with you!!! Global warming? Prove it!! LOL
Well, while it was freezing out yesterday, I kept myself warm with blazing needles! I was able to finish page 15 of my Christmas Quaker and will be ready for the next page in two days! It's coming along quite nicely I think!
I thought I would throw some pictures of my flowering indoor plants on here while I was at it. I'm particularly fond of my hibiscus. This little lady I found in the commissary and couldn't resist. I've been babying her because I just love her blossoms and at first I bought it to put outside, but was afraid I would either cook her of freeze her, so she became an indoor plant. She sat dormant all winter, her leaves are really pretty, but we all know it's the blossoms we live for...so when I got the first bud of the season I watched her closely for the one day it would bloom. The blooms only last a day and then they fall off. Usually there are other buds that bloom right along, but there was only one this time. She reminds me of when we lived in Hawaii. On the way home from work I would pass a literal "fence" of hibiscus. They had grown to about 8 feet in height and there were always blossoms on this "fence". From then on hibiscus will always remind me of Hawaii.


Violets are my favorite flower. I have several plants but this one is my favorite, I think because of the unique coloring on the leaves. I passed by some pots on sale once, there were no blossoms on them so I had no idea what they would look like. I think I got this plant for 25 cents and it was in poor shape. I've babied it now for a little over a year, and finally it got it's first blossoms, and look at the treasure it was hiding!
Ok, back to stitching! It's my last day of peace for a while...so I have to make hay while the sun shines! I hope you're having a warmer spring than I am wherever you are!





1 comment:

MysteryKnitter said...

Oh, the flowers are so pretty!