Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Meanest Mom in the World!

I'm sorry, just had to brag here a little bit...LOL I've been bestowed with a great honor! I've been awarded the "Meanest Mom in the World" Award. *Bowing gracefully* Thank you for that polite applause!

It's been a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong weekend. DS has been off from school since last Thursday for the "spring holiday" and finally went back to school today. *breathing a sigh of relief* You know, sometimes I wonder about our education system in this country. It seems whenever there is a long break from school, the teachers pile on the homework. Most people have plans for the holidays, whether it be traveling or having people visit. We didn't have anything going on, but it would have been nice to have a break from the hair-pulling and teeth-gnashing of trying to get my teenager to do his homework. Now granted, he had a LOT including a project he had to work on with another student. They had several chapters they had to read in a book for English (which IS hard to do in one sitting) along with note taking, a skit he had to create with another student in Spanish, and a math booklet to finish, along with practicing his instrument for band. BUT, having said that, it does NOT take 5 days to do all of this homework! Can you spell procrastination? I threatened, I yelled, I begged and pleaded, and finally at 8 last night he finished his homework. *whew* I have to tell you that exhausted me.

Now it probably wouldn't have taken that long, but DH decided DS could spend most of one day visiting a friend, we spent one evening at a Baseball game (YES!! ANOTHER ONE!!!), spent a few hours in physical therapy, and there is church on Sunday. But I'm the meanie, I'm the harpy, I'm the one who has to MAKE him do his homework. When you talk about a "chip off the old block", DS is the Old Block and DS is the chip! I think I'm going on strike and see how the household runs without me. I'm not going to say a word about homework. I'm not going to say a word about meals. I'm not going to say a word about garbage day. I'm not going to say a word about putting gas in the vehicles. I'm going to forget aboug gym clothes in the backpack, and not making lunch. Keys can stay where they land, as well as shoes and glasses. *huge grin* This should be fun! Whenever anyone says anything, I'll just climb the stairs to my bedroom and shut the door! THEN we'll see who the meanie is! Do you think this will work? *sigh* Me either...but it'll be worth a shot. I'll let you know how this works out! *Sitting down on strike*

4 comments:

Terry said...

You go girl!!!!!!!!!! Put some headphones/earplugs on/in so you can ignore their calling you. LOL

nutmegg said...

Good for you, I used to tell my sons my name wasn't "mum" anymore and when they asked what did I change it too I told them not telling then proceeded to ignore all the "mum" calls, I think we have all been called the meanest mum at some stage.

Dawn said...

Hi DJ

Oh how I sympathise... mine thought I was mean yesterday because I tore him away from his PC to go out and about for a while. Such is life (lol). We were lucky this easter hols though......no homework!!!.Teachers must have needed a rest too.

Dawn
Devon(UK)

Edy said...

So glad to pass the mantle to a deserving meanie!